St John’s Highly qualified and enthusiastic staff work tirelessly to provide for the wellbeing and learning of all the students. At Mt St John’s staff encourage students to experience a sense of joy and optimism in their journey to becoming successful learners.
Extra-curricula and co-curricula activities have a high priority to ensure that the needs of all students are met. Mt St John’s provides a learning environment that stimulates, engages and excites. Students are met. Mt St John’s provides a learning environment that stimulates, engages and excites. Students are encouraged through their learning environment to be co-operative, self-disciplined and inquiring learners, who demonstrate independence, initiative and confidence.
Great learning happens at Mt St John’s though:
- A comprehensive and structured curriculum
- The provision of individualised programs to meet the specific needs and interests of students
- Real-life learning experiences
- Creating opportunities to celebrate the successes of all students in all curriculum areas
- Staff effectively using data and assessment to inform planning and teaching
- The continued development and use of ICT in all curriculum areas
- The promotion of learning activities and achievements in the school newsletter, media and in displays around the school
- Leadership opportunities for all members of our school community
- The provision of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities to enhance learning.