School Information –
Mt St John Catholic Primary School is part of the St Mary Immaculate Parish, Bellingen. Mt St John’s prides itself on catering for the individual needs of students with extensive intervention programs and extra-curricula activities.
The school is a modern and innovative facility which includes new classrooms and a library containing the latest in technological advances. Mt St John’s has a dedicated staff who use exemplary teaching skills and strategies to facilitate learning.
At Mt St John’s our aim is to develop an environment of spiritual, academic, emotional and physical wellbeing for each student. An environment in which each child is valued and nurtured so that their full potential can be reached allowing them the opportunity to become the person they were created to be.
‘Our love should not be just words and talk; it must be true love, which shows itself in action.’ 1 John 3:18
At Mt St John’s we believe:
- In providing quality Religious Education that enables students to deepen their faith.
- That each child is entitled to a comprehensive curriculum that acknowledges that all children learn differently and can achieve.
- In providing engaging learning experiences and a positive environment which encourages and challenges students to take risks with their learning and to take responsibility for that learning.
- In providing a welcome, friendly and safe environment where everyone is respected and treated fairly and justly.
- In acknowledging the vital role of parents in the education of their children.
- In building on the partnership that exists between school families, parish and the wider community.